If you’re like me, you’re always trying to find new content ideas for your social media accounts. Social media is a very effective way to connect with your audience, grow your email list, and drive traffic back to your website. Here are some suggestions for what to post on social media.
Ideas for What to Post on Social Media
One of the most common challenges for business owners is having a constant stream of content ideas for their marketing and social media activities.
If you’re running a one-person marketing department, it can be particularly difficult to keep up with, especially if you don’t have the time to do a lot of research. Here are a few ways you can get more consistent ideas for your social media strategy.
What is Your Strategy for Using Social Media in your Business?
There are a few different strategies you can use in social media marketing:
- Build a community of followers of your ideal audience
- Increase engagement and interaction among your audience
- Interact directly with your followers and fans
- Drive more traffic to your blog posts or website
- Increase email signups to your list
- Demonstrate your expertise and get new clients or customers
- Promote your paid products and offerings
Ultimately, social media is just the top part of a sales funnel, and since you don’t own any of these social media sites, you will always want to be directing people back to your OWN website or encouraging them to sign up for your email list.
Do You Need to Be on Every Single Social Media Platform?
This is a question that many people wonder. If you’re a one person shop or solopreneur, you probably don’t have enough hours in the day to be on every single platform every day (unless you repurpose content and posts from other platforms).
It’s best to focus your time and resources where they will make the most impact for your business and be where your audience is already hanging out.
For example, the audiences that hang out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tiktok, Instagram, and other platforms are all different groups of people. Consider your ideal client or customer. What is their gender, age group, and demographics? Do they prefer reading posts, watching videos, or listening to content?
Social Media Post Ideas for Different Platforms
Social media can be a great means of marketing your business IF you use the proper channels. Your ideal audience might not be on every single social media platform or website.
Consider which social media platforms your target audience is most active on. If you don’t know, spend some time doing research and find out what sites are popular with people in your industry or niche market.
If you’re looking for new content ideas for your social media profiles, ask yourself several questions:
- What problems do my customers face that I can help them with?
- How can I provide value to my ideal audience?
- How can I educate, inspire, or entertain my ideal audience?
You can often repurpose content among different platforms, BUT you will most likely need to customize the content for the particular platform.
For example, Instagram uses square post graphics while vertical images perform better on Pinterest. Youtube and Tiktok both have video content, but one is a horizontal video and one is vertical.
So you might have one idea for a particular post, but you’ll want to tailor it to the specific platform you’re posting on, i.e. taking your written blog post from your website and turning it into a long form video for Youtube, a short video for Tiktok, a square graphic for Instagram and Facebook, and a vertical graphic for Pinterest.
Remember: you DON’T have to be active on every single social media platform. That’s a one-way ticket to burnout unless you outsource some of the work.
What Should You Actually Post on Social Media?
Ok, let’s get to the good stuff!
Here are some ideas for content suggestions to post on social media:
- Posting your latest blog post
- Sharing a snippet from a blog post
- Advertising a sale on your products
- Offering a free opt-in offer
- Sharing a behind-the-scenes video
- Showing your process or workflow
- Sharing a photo of how you use your own products
- Sharing a testimonial from a happy client or customer
- Posting a video review from one of your customers
- Participating in trending, relevant conversations that are going on right now
- Sharing a short clip from one of your longer Youtube videos
- Sharing a short audio excerpt from your podcast (hint: turn it into a video post)
- Sharing inspirational quotes for your niche
Posting content on social media is a great way to keep your audience engaged and keep your business top-of-mind.
The content you post on social media should be inspiring, entertaining, or educational. OR all 3 if you want to go the extra mile. 😉
I hope you enjoyed these suggestions for what to post on your social media pages!
If you’d like even more styled stock photos and design templates, be sure to check out our membership!